The Hornby brand is a truly British icon.
Here in one volume is a year by year account of the fortunes, successes and occasional failures of the famous model railway brand. The Hornby name has been carried by three very different model railway systems and has had four owners. It has always stood for quality and, unlike its competitors, has survived for a hundred years by out-witting every toy industry recession that came along.
The story is told, one year at a time, by model railway historian, collector and author, Pat Hammond, and contains pictures of many of the models that have been produced over the years, including several which never made it into full production. It also contains breaks at the end of each decade to summerise development and to cover wider issues.
Sales and marketing points:
- Includes over 800 illustrations with colour throughout
- The definitive history of 100 years of a much-loved British brand
- A must-read for all model railway enthusiasts
- Events, promotion and special products planned for Hornby’s centenary through 2020
- Coverage in the modelling press
- Promotion though Hornby Magazine and the Hornby Catalogue